Design by Marcel Wanders for Symo Parasols
- Geisha, that’s the new parasol developed by leading Dutch designer Marcel Wanders. This superb terrace parasol embodies the essence of the mysterious Japanese geisha tradition with its understated, relaxed ambience. Wanders has designed stylised floral motifs for the interior of the parasol. The pole is crowned by a metal bow, the characteristic accessory to the geisha’s kimono. This superb professional parasol is sure to put your restaurant/café terrace in the spotlight!
- Marcel Wanders attracted worldwide attention with his Knotted Chair made from high tech materials, which is now in the MoMA in New York. CEO Pierre Christiaens of Symo Parasols is proud to have the chance to manufacture Marcel Wanders’ latest creation: “Symo Parasols bring hip design to the market. We’re working with leading designers, bringing their designer parasols to the terraces of hotels, restaurants, brasseries, swimming pools and beach bars all around the world.”
- A round parasol with 16 ribs, 2.5m in diameter.
- Protects from both sun and rain.
- Guaranteed wind-resistant up to 6 Beaufort, depending on the base fitted.
- A range of fabric colours: red, black, bordeaux (with or without print in black, red or grey).
Frequently chosen accessories
- Protective sleeve.
- Quaseo lighting.
- A range of parasol bases.
The Geisha parasol has a central pole. With this type of parasol the pole is inserted into the centre of a parasol foot on the terrace.The Marcel Wanders Geisha parasol is round. The pole is made of stainless steel and is anchored in a steel baseplate.The parasol is easy to open manually and clicks into position automatically with the aid of springs (much the same way as a simple umbrella).